‘I Was Gang-Raped By 10 Men In Front Of My Husband’ Says Woman Who Refused To Take Part In Pro-Triple Talaq Rally

A woman has been struggling to get justice after what happened to her. More like what was done to her by her husband. She has alleged that after she protested against the Triple talaq, she was locked inside a room and was gang-raped by 10 men.

The incident is of Shahganj police station area. Ruksaar (name changed) married Sarai Khvaja-resident Javed on 21 April 2014.

According to Ruksaar,”On 18 October 2016, a few Muslim organisations had started a procession to support Triple talaq and Ruksaar’s husband asked her to take part on it.

Women who were participating in the rally were also given money. “I told Javed that triple talaq is wrong. I cannot support it. My husband Javed talked of Shariyat but I didn’t listen.”

“I was then locked into a room where 3 men gang-raped me twice; I had been 2-months pregnant at the time. After gang-rape, I lost my baby,” says Ruksaar.

I received a reply on 15 September 2016 but my in-laws got their hands on it and I was brutally tortured.

On 1 January, 10 men gang-raped me in front of my husband. I lost my baby again. I was made to drink liquor so that I stay unconscious.

On February 1, I managed to escape and some passersby helped me to reach police but they pressurised me to go back and stay in my husband’s house.

But I decided to return to my parental home. Despite all this, no case was registered on February 2.

On 18th Many, I went to Lucknow to plead with CM Yogi and my case was finally on an investigative stage. On 2nd June, the police took me to the crime scene. I was beaten by a few women in front of the police and evoking Shariyat the beating was termed as a punishment.

Somehow, I survived and on 4th June, a complaint was registered against my husband Javed and his accomplices Aijaz, Zahid, Zakir, Abdul and four other unknown persons.

According to Ruksaar, her case was registered five months after the incident while the medical examination was conducted a month later. Even after six months, the report confirmed the tear in the uterus, abortion and rape.

In spite of all this, no arrests were made. Even after I reply came from the PMO but no action was taken.

Lohamandi CO Nirmala Singh confirmed the case and said that CM has ordered a swift action.

Read More

Source By


  • 1

Related posts