Hrithik Roshan will bring to life the story of Anand Kumar on celluloid.
Hrithik Roshan is all set to make his entry into the biopic genre with Vikas Bahl’s Super 30, which is based on the life of Patna-based mathematician Anand Kumar.
Here are 10 things you need to know about the math wizard:
1. Born in Patna, Anand Kumar developed a love for mathematics in school.
2. He got into the prestigious Cambridge University in 1994, but was forced to let go of the opportunity due to financial constraints.
3. Anand Kumar began selling papads with his mother in the evenings to bring in some extra money.
4. He travelled to Varanasi from Patna every weekend to get access to foreign journals at the Benaras Hindu University.
5. The Ramanujan School of Mathematics was started by Anand Kumar. Here, he coached students for competitive examinations at a nominal fee.
6. Even though the fee for his institute was nominal, many of his students were not in a position to pay even that much. This is when he decided to start Super 30.
7. Super 30 is an educational programme where 30 meritorious students from low-income backgrounds are chosen and trained to get into the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
8. Not only are the students provided free coaching, but also lodging and food, which is cooked by Anand’s mother, Jayanti Devi.
9. All 30 students from Super 30 cracked the Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) this year.
10. A total of 396 students have made it to IIT from Anand Kumar’s coaching programme so far.
Do you know more about Anand Kumar ?Comment Below: